Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Grace

By the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder that all of them-yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

I Corinthians 15:10


Grace is often defined as God's unmerited favor. It means that His love for us, His care, and His concern are all free gifts-we haven't earned them. What a wonderful thing to be loved an accepted-just because! In God's eyes, you are already pretty enough, smart enough, good enough to receive His best. He loves you for yourself. He wants you to become all you were created to be, but your relationship with Him doesn't hinge on it. What a wonderful word "grace" is!

[God] gives grace to the humble.

Proverbs 3:34


For many people, it's difficult to receive what they don't feel they have earned. Whether it's a sense of independence or pride, such an attitude will rob you o f the best this life has to offer. You must be able to receive God's love, even when you don't feel lovable, and God's goodness, even when you don't feel deserving. God has freely given you everything-His kingdom! Don't stand on the sidelines whispering, "I'm not worthy." Humble yourself and receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment