Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year & Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a great start. We sure did and are. There are many resolutions that I have in mind and would like to keep. First of all, I was reading one of my favorite blog and she had posted about being organized. Organize is SOMETHING that I need to do. I'm a pack rat when it comes to certain things and I realized when I was reading her blog, I don't need them. I really don't see them so it wouldn't hurt at all if I gave them away or throw them away. There is allot of nick nacks that I keep such as scented lotions, scented candles, little make-up bags/pouches, etc. She had also mentioned about doing A Household Notebook. It also helps you organized everything in your house and among others things. Bills, grocery shopping, weekly menu, cleaning task, and etc. So, I made one myself. I'm in processing of organizing it. I will share with you later on that. But in the meantime, I would like to share my resolutions with you guys.
1) Spend more time in the morning with my son:
I do preschool with my son, but not as often as I should. So, I need to start getting back on track with pre-school. But first, I want to take him out every morning to teach him how to ride his bike. My husband and I have been very lazy to go out and teach him. He has a helmet and a bike just sitting in the garage. He does wake up really early in the morning. So instead of me putting on a cartoon while I make breakfast, I can get him ready for a little ride and come bk in and eat breakfast then do pre-school. That does sounds fair, huh?
2) Date night with my hubby:
My husband of 12 years is an RN. He works 10-12 hours a day and takes call every other two weeks. It's really hard for us to spend any time together. He comes home very tired and his feet hurts. He misses us during the day and he wants to spend whats left of his time with us. When we do have time for each other, it's also spending time with our little son Gavin. No problem with that, but we want to SPEND TIME WITH EACH OTHER. So, we made a plan the week he's NOT ON-CALL we can do date night. It could be the movies, dinner and a movie, walk around a shopping center, go to Barns & Noble to read and drink a Starbucks Latte, or just go to the gym together. I've talked to my cousin that would also like to spend time with her husband and we both agreed that we can watch each other children(s) when we want a Alone Time. So, this past Friday I had our first date night of the year.
3) Make a Household Notebook:
Like I said earlier in my post, I want to be more organized. I went ahead and bought the stuff I needed and started to make my own "Household Notebook". One thing that I did different was make my own address book. I was determined to find a new address book for this year and couldn't find one at all since my old address book had allot of changes to it and scribble scrabble. Target, Walmart nor any local store had one. So I decided to make my own. What I did, I listed just my family in one page, my husband's family on another and friends on a different page. It would be easier for me to sent out birthday invitations, Christmas cards and etc. And of course not to leave anybody out for that matter. Another, there's a cleaning check off list for everyday, weekly and monthly. It breaks down to each and every room, from to bottom. Cleaning dash boards, blinds, vents, shelf's, you name it. And it breaks it down the day(s) to do it so you won't over whelm yourself by wanting to do it all at once. So, hopefully this will work. I'm planning to do this while Gavin takes his nap during the day and after pre-school/lunch.
4) Go by my Weekly Menu:
This is part of in the Household Notebook. I decided to write down in everyday slot what's on the dinner menu and the grocery list for the week. Because, it gives me a headache everyday of what I'm making the next day and needed to go to the store every single day. It gets tiring and frustrating. And gas it not cheap these days either. My goal is to write this weekly menu every Saturday and do the grocery shopping on Sunday when my coupons come in.
5) Make a picture folder of Gavin at the end of every month:
I have so many pictures! I don't know where to start! Oh, I know. At the end of every each month, I'm going to download pictures that I've taken for that month only. I want to start making a photo book of Gavin every year. Why didn't I think of that when he was first born? Time is going by so fast and I want to catch every moment of him. And I want to go back and look at the pictures again and again and again.
So far I have 5 resolutions. I know I have more, but these are my MOST important ones.
Oh, and one last thing, I want to control what I eat and help myself by loosing weight.
I hope every one has a Happy New Year with many blessings. And to hope to accomplish your resolutions.
What is your New Year Resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment